CAR-ED Terms of Service
Last Modified: February 13, 2017
- 1. Scope.
- 1.1. Terms of Service. These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) govern the access and use of the website www.car-ed.com, and affiliated websites, features, services, products, Software (as defined
below) and other services, or any portion thereof (collectively, the “Service”), owned or controlled by Car-ED, LLC, Inc., a Virginia limited liability company, or its affiliated companies (“Car-ED” or “we” or “our” or “us”).
States and/or other countries for storage, processing, and use by Car-ED.
- 2. Ownership and License.
- 2.1. Ownership of Marks and IP. The design, trademarks, service marks, and logos of Car-ED and the Service (“Car-ED Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Car-ED, subject to copyright and other intellectual
property rights under United States, foreign laws and international conventions. Except as otherwise indicated, all copyright rights and other intellectual property rights in the Service and its contents, including any and all Car-ED Marks,
content, data, databases, information, text, music, sound, photos, images, graphics, audio, video, software, code, technology, methods, analyses, studies, reports, and other intellectual property contained therein (“Car-ED IP”)
are owned by or licensed to Car-ED, and protected by law, including copyright, database, trade secret, and trademark laws of the United States and all applicable jurisdictions, as well as other applicable state, national, and international
laws and regulations.
- 2.2. License. During the term of this Agreement, Car-ED grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Service for your personal and non-commercial use in accordance with these Terms of Service.
Car-ED reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Service, or any portion thereof, other than as expressly permitted.
- 3. Vehicle Listings, Reviews and Ratings.
- 3.1. Vehicle Listings. The information in vehicle listings provided on the Service is supplied by the seller or other third parties. Car-ED is not responsible for the accuracy of such information. Car-ED provides the Service
and all information and materials without conditions, representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Car-ED is not a party to any transaction between vehicle buyers and sellers that originates from information found
on the Service. Prices do not include additional fees such as government fees and taxes, title and registration fees, licensing and plate fees, finance charges, dealer document preparation fees, and emission testing..
- 4. Use of the Service.
- 4.1. Use of Service. As a condition of your use of and access to the Service, you agree not to use the Service for any unlawful purpose or in any way that violates these Terms. Any use of the Service in violation of these
Terms of Service may result in, among other things, termination of your ability to use the Service. You may not engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- (a) Copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including
account names, from the Service; altering, modifying or creating derivative works of the Service, or any portion thereof;
- (b) Using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service; accessing any content or features of the Service through any technology
or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service;
- (c) Transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; using the Service for any commercial solicitation purpose or political campaigning;
- (d) Attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service;
bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or features or enforce limitations on use of the Service or
the content or features therein;
- (e) Taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Service infrastructure; interfering with the proper working of the Service;
- (f) Impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity.
- 5. Disclosures.
- 5.1. Disclosures. In order to cooperate with legitimate governmental requests, subpoenas or court orders, to protect Car-ED’s systems and users, or to ensure the integrity and operation of Car-ED’s business and systems, Car-ED may access and
disclose any information it considers necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, IP addressing and traffic information, usage history, and posted User Content. Car-ED’s right to disclose any such information, as applicable,
- 6. Third Parties.
- 6.1. Third Party Links. The Service may contain links to third-party advertisers, websites or services. You acknowledge and agree that Car-ED is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such advertisements, websites
or services, or (ii) the content, products, or resources on or available from such advertisers, websites or services. Links to such advertisers, websites or services do not imply any endorsement by Car-ED of those websites or services. You
acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or services.
- 6.2. Third Party Content. Through the Service, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by third parties. Car-ED cannot guarantee that such third party content will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise.
Car-ED disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of any third party content.
- 6.3. Third Party Promotions. Some third parties may promote sweepstakes, competitions, promotions, and other similar opportunities on the Service (“Third Party Promotions”). Car-ED is not the sponsor or promoter of these Third
Party Promotions and does not bear any responsibility or liability for the actions or inactions of any third parties who organize, administer or are otherwise involved in any of promotion of these Third Party Promotions. If you wish to participate
in any of these Third Party Promotions, you are responsible for reading and ensuring that you understand the applicable rules and any eligibility requirements and are lawfully able to participate in such Third Party Promotions in your jurisdiction.
- 6.4. Social Media Networks. The Service may (or may not) include features that connect to third party social media networks (“Social Media Networks”) and allow you to share or like content or services with your friends or other
users of the Social Media Networks.
- 7. Changes.
- 7.1. Changes. We reserve the right, with or without prior notice, to: change descriptions or references to products, or services; limit the available quantity of any products, subscriptions, or services; honor, or refuse to honor, any coupon,
coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; and/or refuse to provide any user of the Service with any products, subscriptions, hardware, software or services.
- 8. Copyright Policy.
- 8.1. Copyright Agent. Car-ED respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Service to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly
provided to our designated copyright agent (“Copyright Agent”). Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: email@example.com
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent;
any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may
not be valid.
8.2. Claims of Infringement. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing
our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service
provider to locate the material;
- (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Car-ED to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- 8.3. Counter-Notice. If you believe that your content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to
post and use the material in your content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent:
(a) Your physical or electronic signature;
- (b) Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- (c) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- (d) Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the arbitration provision of this Agreement, and a statement that you will accept service of notice from the person who provided notification
of the alleged infringement;
- (e) If a counter-notice is received by our Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that he or she may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10)
business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more
after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
- 9. Termination, Suspension, and Restrictions, and Survival of Terms.
9.1. Termination, Suspension, and Restrictions. Without limiting its other remedies, Car-ED may immediately discontinue, suspend, terminate, or block your and any user’s access to this site at any time in our sole discretion.
- 9.2. Survival of Terms. This Agreement’s terms and conditions that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
Termination of your access to and use of the Service shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to termination or limit any liability that you otherwise may have to Car-ED or any third party.
- 10. Disclaimers. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND MOBILE SERVICES), IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT
WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, CAR-ED, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAR-ED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR
THAT SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CAR-ED DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT OR DATA ON THE SERVICE,
WITH RESPECT TO THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. CAR-ED DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCTS, VEHICLES, OR SERVICES ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE
OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CAR-ED WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS, VEHICLES, OR SERVICES. AS WITH
THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS, VEHICLES, OR SERVICES THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE
EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 11. Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAR-ED, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE
(INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND MOBILE SERVICES), OR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT OR DATA, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND
USE OF THE SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE,
(IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR DATA OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT
OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT OR DATA POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAR-ED IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CAR-ED SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE,
OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL CAR-ED’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO USE THE
- 12. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Car-ED, its affiliates, agents, employees, and licensors from and against any and all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or related in any
way to your use of the site, violation of this Agreement, violation of any law or regulation, or violation of any proprietary or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the termination of this Agreement and
your use of the Service.
- 13. Dispute Resolution.
- 13.1. Mandatory Arbitration. For any dispute you have with Car-ED, you agree to first contact Car-ed and attempt to resolve the dispute informally. If Car-ED has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to
resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to this Agreement by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”)
under the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes then in effect for the AAA, except as provided herein. The arbitration will be conducted in the County of Oakland, State of Michigan, in
the United States. Each party will be responsible for paying any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with AAA rules. The award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’
fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses, and any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. This arbitration agreement survives the termination of this Agreement
between you and Car-ED.
- 13.2. Waivers of Class Action and Trial by Jury. You and Car-ED both waive any right to participate in any class action involving disputes between us, and you and Car-ED are each waiving the right to a trial by jury. All claims must be brought
in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims. This class
action waiver is an essential part of our arbitration agreement and may not be severed. If for any reason this class action waiver is found unenforceable, then the entire arbitration agreement will not apply. However, the waiver of the
right to trial by jury set forth in this Section will remain in full force and effect.
- 13.3. Other Remedies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. Nothing in this Section precludes you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies. Nothing
in this Section shall prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property or unauthorized access to the Service.
- 13.4. Time Limitations. YOU AND CAR-ED AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY
- 14. Children Under 13. The Service is a general audience service and is not intended for children under 13. We require that only persons 13 years of age or older use any of the Service. By using the Service, you hereby represent that you are at
available that may assist you in limiting access to material that may be considered harmful to minors.
- 15. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the online services are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services
of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
- 16. Users From Other Jurisdictions. By accessing or using the Service, or submitting information, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Agreement and consent to having your data transferred to and processed
in the United States. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, please do not use the Service. The Service is controlled and operated by Car-ED from the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Service, or any part
thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Service, do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
You also are subject to United States export controls in connection with your use of the Service and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including, without limitation, any United States embargoes or other federal rules and
regulations restricting exports. We may limit the availability of the Service, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
- 17. General. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Michigan, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. This Agreement, including, without limitation, these Terms of Service, together with the
the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver
of such term or any other term, and Car-ED’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. We reserve the right to amend this Agreement, including, without limitation,
and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Car-ED without restriction. Your use of the Service following any amendment of this Agreement will signify your assent to and
acceptance of its revised terms.
- 18. Contact Information. If you have any questions, feedback or to report a violation regarding these Terms of Service, you may email us at or contact us by mail addressed to:
9893 Georgetown Pike #502
Great Falls, VA 22066